The Rotary Club of San Antonio needs 20 Volunteers to help with this year’s event. Volunteers will help in the following areas:
- Drink Runners – Deliver drinks to the guests at their tables. This position requires a fast pace, and you have to be able to carry a large tray of drinks across the hall.
- Servers – Take plates and drinks from the Food and Drink Runners’ trays and serve them to guests.
- Bussers / Clean up – Because of the number of guests coming and going, this is a critical job! Volunteers clear away plates, drinks and utensils and clean the table when a guest is finished. They also set new place settings to get ready for the next guest.
Sign up for this event by emailing the Rotary office at email@example.com. This is a family friendly event. We encourage you to invite friends and family members to volunteer.
ABOUT THE EVENT – The Feast of Sharing is the culmination of a year‑round commitment H‑E‑B makes to fighting hunger. In addition to a holiday meal you can enjoy music, arts and crafts, and kids activities‑even an appearance by Santa himself.
Snack Pak for Kids at Dorie Miller Elementary
President Joan announced a new partnership and volunteer opportunity for the club. The purpose of is this new program is to address the food insecurity issue affecting our city’s children.
What is food insecurity? The USDA defines food insecurity as a state in which “consistent access to adequate food is limited by a lack of money and other resources at times during the year.” According to Feeding America’s Map the Meal Gap page, the rate of food security in Texas is higher than the national average. The food insecurity rate for children in Bexar County is 23.4%
How you can help…
Volunteers are needed to:
- Meet the delivery truck when it delivers the Snack Paks to the school once a month
- Distribute the Snack Paks to the teachers’ classrooms once a week
- Stock food for Snack Paks at Daily Bread Ministries warehouse once a week
- Pack the Snack Paks at Daily Bread Ministries warehouse once a week
- Or you can make a donation to support the program
To sign-up to help, CLICK HERE
Already a Volunteer?
CLICK HERE to enter your service hours.
2016-2017 Service Projects
August Service Projects
During June and August, Rotary Club of San Antonio members collected school supplies and backpacks to distribute to students at the PREP RALLY sponsored by the Young Adult Ministry at New Creation Christian Fellowship. On August 20, Rotarians and their friends and families gathered at Morgan’s Wonderland to hand out the backpacks and school supplies. Over 400 students attended this great event and were also able to receive Dental Screenings, Immunizations and Haircuts.
2015-2016 Service Projects
Halloween Goodie Bags for Meals on Wheels
- Thanks to our donors and volunteers, the club reached its goal of 250 goodie bags for homebound senior and disabled Meal on Wheels recipients.
Bear Hunt: Collecting New and Pre-Loved Bears
- Over 600 bears and other stuffed animals were collected and given to local hospitals and children’s shelters. A special “Thank-you” to Providence Interact for their huge donation!
Food Drive benefiting San Antonio Food Bank
- Every year the Rotary Club of San Antonio collects food for the San Antonio Food Bank. This year, we collected 10 boxes of food.
Book Drive for Ella Austin Community Center Library
- Rotarians collected over 1,000 new and gently used books for the Ella Austin Community Center Library.
Valentine’s Day Bags for Meals on Wheels
- Over 300 Goodie Bags were given to Meals on Wheels.
Rotary Rooms at Respite Care of San Antonio
Sponsored by the Young Members Board and U40 2015 Class
The Young Members Board and the U40 2015 Class chose Respite Care of San Antonio as the 2015 Rotary Rooms recipient.
Located in the heart of Monte Vista, Respite Care provides comfort for children with special needs and the families who love and care for them.
This special Rotary Rooms project was designed to help this Respite Care revitalize its outdoor play area for the children in residence as well as provide playground equipment and toys for the children.
Become a Rotary Kingdom Keeper!
As you know over the past few years we have expanded our Kingdom for Kids playground projects to include substantial landscape improvements. We are asking for Volunteers to to assist fellow Rotarian Dr. Bill Bauta on landscape supervision and occasional maintenance and improvement that is needed on our existing projects at Smith Elementary, the Winston School, St. PJs and Stewart Elementary. We are also planning a very extensive effort at Miller Elementary in September and we would love to have your help. Please sign up if your interested in helping out. Dr. Bauta will contact you and schedule a convenient time to meet at one of our locations. To signup, email the Rotary office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 210.222.8242 X 11.