Applications for the Youth Education Foundation Scholarship are now being accepted.
See below for more information about the scholarship and to review the Criteria
In order for an application to be considered complete, the following items must be attached at the time you submit your application:
- Completed Financial Statement Form (Please use the following: Financial Statement Form)
- Completed Community Service Form (Please use the following: Community Service Form)
- An essay of 500 words or less describing leadership positions you have held, your civic interests and a brief summary of your future goals. Please describe your past and current involvement with the San Antonio community, as well as your future plans to be involved in the San Antonio community.
- Transcript from your current school (Does not have to be official)
- Letter of recommendation from a professor.
Criteria for selection:
Character/Leadership/Service/Financial Need/Scholastic Ability
- Scholarships must be applied for on an annual basis.
- There is no limit to the number of years a person may apply.
- No special consideration will be given to previous winners.
- Recipients of the scholarships will be chosen annually.
- A Rotarian or a dependent child, stepchild or grandchild of a Rotarian and their spouse are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- The award will be made payable to the college/university of choice and will be mailed directly to the college/university once proof of full time enrollment for the 2017-2018 school year has been received by the Rotary office.
- If the college/university of original choice is changed, the winner must notify the Rotary Club of San Antonio (210-222-8242 X 11) before checks are issued.
If you have additional questions, please email the Rotary office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university.
- Full time resident of South Texas
- Classified as an full time undergraduate/graduate during the 2015-2016 school year. High school seniors who are enrolled in a dual credit program are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- If selected, the recipient must be enrolled as a full time student during the 2017-2018 academic year and provide proof of enrollment prior to funds being disbursed to their university/college.
- Such additional criteria as may be established by the Youth Education Foundation Board of Directors.
Amount of Scholarship:
Scholarships in the amount of $500 to $2,000 will be awarded.
Monday, April 24, 2017
Congratulations to the 2016 YEF Scholarship Recipients
Established in 1921 as the Student Loan Foundation, this Foundation now offers scholarships to local college students. Our oldest ongoing project, YEF continues to meet the needs of the community and helps create tomorrow’s leaders.
Students are selected to receive the scholarship based on their character, leadership, service, financial need and scholastic ability. $17,000 in scholarships have been awarded this year.